OptixEQ has completed a refresh of the OptixNOTES Keyword and Grades analytics. The following keywords have been updated to reflect the new changes.
OUCHY to OUCHY
PERFECT to PERFECT
X_BIAS to X_BIAS
BIAS to BIAS
ROOM to ROOM
TROUBLE to TROUBLE
MOVE to MOVE
PREP? to PREP?
STRETCH? to STRETCH?
FLOW to FLOW
Additional keywords have been added: SPRINTER, ROUTER and MARATHON
See the complete list of OptixNOTES Keywords and Grades at Keyword Master
OptixNOTES helps recognize improving or declining patterns of horses. Below are some specific things to look for when using OptixNOTES:
- Keywords appearing in green have the most favorable win percentage and/or ROI$ impact with next out runners and should get more emphasis
- Horses with three consecutive improving performance grades.
- Horses whose form projection predictions (IMPROVE? PREP?) suggest an improved performance in their next race.
- Horses whose form projection predictions (TURF? STRETCH? DIRT? DROP? SHORTER? EQUIP?) suggest an improved effort if they undergo some kind of surface, distance, class, or equipment change in their next race.
- Horses who had a major excuse last time out (EX).
- Horses who might have run a subpar effort but encountered adverse conditions during the running of the race (TROUBLE(+), TRAFFIC, X_BIAS, X_FLOW, ROOM, NO_HANDLE, GATE, WASTED, BTL).
- Horses with further potential upside (“B+” or better and able to move up in class).
- Horses who have “dirtied up” form, where they’ve run seemingly poor races (i.e., a “C”) at the wrong level, distance, or surface. Look for a return to form when back in the right spot, based on previous good performances under similar conditions.
- Keywords appearing in red have the most unfavorable win percentage and/or ROI$ impact with next out runners and should be noted
- Bad favorites with negative keyword descriptors (NO_FINISH, HARD, REGRESS?) that suggest a regression in their next race or consistent losses at short odds.
- Horses with three consecutive declining performance grades.
- Horses that might have had advantageous set-ups and race-flows and are now coming back in a more competitive race (PERFECT, BIAS, FLOW, FREE, SETUP).
OptixNOTES (Trip Handicapping and Form Cycle Analysis) Documentation